Friday, March 27, 2009

"Ask and It Is Given" -Esther and Jerry Hicks

There’s a hookah lounge in downtown San Diego that I frequent quite often. Usually I go with a group of friends and my boyfriend, but recently I’ve been going there alone on weeknights after work to get some writing done. Tonight I had planned to stick with this particular routine, but a slight variation took place, seemingly unexpected at first, but a complete vibrational match for the frequency I was experiencing at the time.

Since I moved back to San Diego for school (about five years ago), I’ve made a handful of friends whom I consider very close, and while I do appreciate all of those faces that I’ve met and grown to love, I still feel that there is indeed room for more. In fact, I believe it would be a better opportunity to expand my feeling of gratitude and love for the friends I have now, hence my intention (set about a week ago) to invite more people into my reality who share similar interests with me and yet challenge me intellectually, spiritually and emotionally; those who can provide contrast to the beliefs that I have currently so that I may better understand the full spectrum of this newfound spiritual path upon which I am endeavoring. Basically, inevitable friends and co-creators who will allow me to see past my own perspective and into the larger consciousness surrounding us all.

With that said …

This evening I went to the hookah lounge with a co-worker after our shift was done. Initially I had my reservations when he asked if I could use some company, seeing as how I had originally planned to get some work done alone. But immediately after that thought crossed my mind I said to myself, “Wait a minute --this is my intention in the process of manifesting. And even if it is just a reflection and not the full desire coming into my reality (more friends, etc), it is an opportunity to be grateful for those who are already in my life now (eg my wonderful co-worker!), opening up the door to more faces and opportunities that will continue to help elicit these feelings of appreciation, gratitude and love.”

As I mentioned before in my last blog I would be sharing the “Ask and It Is Given” cards by Esther and Jerry Hicks in my following blogs. The first card that I pulled from the deck I had pulled during the conversation that my co-worker and I had. It was a very insightful and profound conversation about the nature of his reality, his past, and his present moment awareness (a unique perspective that I have come to believe is the only thing that truly exists in relation to what our consciousness truly is). We talked about the Law of Attraction, manifesting our intentions and believing in abundance. All in all I feel that the words exchanged between the two of us left very deep impressions. I imagined our conversation as a handful of seeds, each so full of beautiful potential, waiting for the right thoughts to guide them to fruition. Toward the end of our conversation I showed him the card I had picked, and it was directly related to what he had been having trouble with in the past:

Every Subject Is Two Subjects: Wanted and Not Wanted.

Every subject is really two subjects: There is that which you desire , and the lack of it. Often--even when you believe you are thinking about something that you desire--you are actually thinking about the exact opposite of what you desire.

We discussed the context of these wonderful words in relation to his life. How do we stay focused on positive things in our reality when (seemingly) the negative things are so prevalent? Among the many things we discussed was the fact that many times in his past he had the tendency of saying “No” to the negative things in his life, giving it recognition, attention, focus. And this is okay to a certain degree, in that in the process of saying “Yes” to our desires we must first recognize the “No,” that which we do not want, in order to arrive at the “Yes,” that which we do want. But constantly and consistently saying “No” to something is the same as saying “Yes.” The Law of Attraction will continually attract that which is like unto itself.

The advice I gave to him was two-part:

1. Gratitude for the Past
Though I don’t necessarily believe that the past exists in the same way that the present moment does, I still find it important to say “Thank You” to all experiences that have led up to this very moment, negative and positive. It’s startling at first to think it important to say “Thank You” to a negative experience, but these experiences, ultimately, are those which you manifested into your reality, whether consciously or not. The Universe is all-inclusive, never excluding anything, and responds in kind to what you give your attention to via the Law of Attraction. You sent your thoughts, the Universe heard, and the Universe delivered. It’s only right to be grateful.

2. Belief in the Present-Moment Awareness
This belief really means allowing oneself to thoroughly live in the moment and to be grateful for it. Gratitude for one's past is necessary to transform this into a belief, and when I was first introduced to this in a podcast by Steve Pavlina, I was indeed taken aback. Is there any way to prove that anything truly exists outside of our conscious, present-moment awareness? Can the past exist, even, without our present-moment awareness rendering it into being? Why don’t we have the same access to the past as we do to the future and vice versa? Without delving too deeply into the philosophy it is nevertheless fascinating to engage my mind with questions such as these, especially if it challenges any current beliefs that I may have.

These past few weeks have been about contemplation and reintroducing myself to Source Energy, letting go of the pinch to the flow of well-being, which constantly moves through us at all times. It has also been about affirmation --I am Source Energy, always have been and always will be, and I am a Creative Being. Lastly, and most importantly, it has been about gratitude, for all the faces orbiting me in this reality and for our shared time to manifest our desires on planet Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks!