Thursday, March 5, 2009

Grateful to Meet You!

I used to be a Catholic. I feared God, I felt guilt, and I was always asking for absolution for my sins. I wasn’t devout, mind you, but being born into a Filipino family left me little choice growing up. It has been a little over two years now since I was first introduced by my brother to the Law of Attraction. Since then I have managed to integrate and implement some of the most basic principles that I’ve come to understand, such as always maintaining an attitude of gratitude. While I am grateful for the things that Christianity has taught me, that period of my life has come to an end. Institutionalized religion as a whole just isn’t for me.

Even now in conversations with my aunts (who are devout Catholics) I find myself explaining my spirituality by telling them that I have replaced the word “God” with the word “Universe” –an entity not completely known, vast, infinite, and definitely powerful. Some have used the Universe as a metaphor for our minds, our consciousness, but I find it more empowering to directly connect the two, to say that our minds are indeed a reflection of the Universe and vice versa. We reflect that which we project, precisely.

In my experience, my intentions always seem to manifest quicker when I remind myself of the things for which I am most grateful. It seems that when the Universe picks up on that specific frequency it tends to manifest more things into your life that resonate with it -gratitude, appreciation, love, thus leading your intentions to fruition. It’s just a matter of tuning in, so to speak. I have read enough articles, seen enough videos, and talked to enough spiritually-minded souls to get myself to where I am today –grateful for how spiritually aware I have become and definitely grateful at my newfound ability to humble myself to the greater Universe at hand.

So stayed tuned –the Universe wanted us to encounter one another and I am definitely grateful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks!